Heavy Metallic Journal is the longstanding comics anthology identified for publishing European sci-fi and fantasy comedian books for an American viewers, together with appreciable quantities of nudity, violence, and painted paintings. And a powerful newsstand presence, and popularity helped by the sci-fi anthology film of a good few years in the past. In recent times, it has been via a wide range of homeowners and other people in cost, together with Grant Morrison and Kevin Eastman, although not all departures have been joyful ones. And of late, it seems that customer support has actually not been their factor.
We now have obtained many complaints in current months. One buyer instructed Bleeding Cool “Since 2017 they have been failing to fulfil subscriptions and on-line orders, some taking up a 12 months to be shipped. Others not even in any respect. I’ve just lately had this occur and after months and months attempting to contact Heavy Metallic via their electronic mail and all social media looking for out the place my order is or if they may please reply to my enquiry (and politely I’ve to say) I’ve since been blocked by them on all social media. Any time I’ve interacted with clients in an analogous boat and feedback have been deleted and accounts blocked. I am not the one buyer to have had this therapy. They’ve additionally been eradicating all feedback from clients attempting to do the identical on Instagram, Fb and Twitter… I’ve since needed to contact my financial institution and conduct a card fraud investigation as a way to get my a refund. I believe this info must be made public as it’s costing clients in addition to comedian creators a whole lot of money and time with out getting any solutions. I’m seeing many articles from CBR relating to Heavy Metallic and their new bulletins and endeavours however one take a look at each remark and thread and yow will discover a whole bunch of annoyed clients getting no solutions whereas the corporate wilfully takes their cash.”
Heavy Metallic at the moment has an F on the Higher Enterprise Bureau itemizing, with widespread complaints of individuals taking out annual subscriptions to the journal however receiving no points and getting no responses to their complaints, main them to hunt refunds via their credit score firms. And replies to only one Fb submit from this week, with posts not deleted but, learn as follows:
- Zachary Melton: Order at this time! Perhaps get it sometime? In all probability not however surrender your cash anyway!
- Clyde Johnson: Perhaps in the future the powers that be will get motivated to repair their customer support division. Right here on FB we HM journal followers like to have a good time the artists & artwork kinds we have come to like from HM and HM impressed entities. Nonetheless customer support from the journal supply stand factors has nonetheless not picked up its recreation. How are you going to, in good conscience, proceed to promote and promote HM services and products, podcasts & NFTs when their deliveries and success of orders are nonetheless tragically faltering? I do know this isn’t the job of this group web page moderator, however you’re linked to the corporate if by identify alone; the place’s the accountability? Are you passing it alongside since emails from clients should not getting answered??
- Mark Zirbel: My spouse purchased me a HM subscription for my birthday in June. I’ve but to obtain a difficulty. She emailed HM to seek out out what’s up. No reply. Out of your submit it appears like this is not uncommon? That is unacceptable. A subscription is not low cost.
- Clyde Johnson: Nicely Mark, someday through the pandemic crush of 2020, issues went off the rails. I began seeing fellow HM journal subscribers having issues. Then this summer time it received exponentially worse and lots of extra clients (together with me at that time) may get no dependable solutions. So I have been posting right here, and different social media to push for accountability from the corporate. I used to be blocked on Twitter after one in every of my posts criticizing their lack of responses. And since Mid-September their Instagram account appears to be “down”.
- Craig Turvey: I have been a devoted subscriber for years with no downside, purchased a 3-year subscription in June (as my present subscription had ran out) and I have been ghosted in each means I’ve tried to contact them: electronic mail, ‘chat’ operate on web site, twitter, fb, and the one telephone quantity I may discover for them is disconnected. I’ve simply began a case with the Higher Enterprise Bureau… this type of crap would by no means have occurred when Kevin Eastman was holding the reins to the corporate. Get your act collectively!
- Jesus M Gonzalez: I nonetheless ready for my IRON MAIDEN comics!!!!!….. 1 12 months and 9 months already and nothing
- David Pallante: by no means received my books needed to open a paypal case to get my a refund.
- Robert Ell: I ordered some again points a few months in the past and nonetheless don’t have anything. Tried contacting customer support however no reply. Began a dispute declare with my financial institution to get my a refund.
With all this, we received in contact with Heavy Metallic Journal’s CEO Matthew Medney who instructed Bleeding Cool
“HEAVY METAL is conscious of the problems with the supply of things and subscriptions, and we’re working diligently to ensure each buyer’s order is delivered as shortly as attainable, and we’re making each effort to answer buyer inquiries.
Sadly, given the character of the foundation reason for the issue, the place a employed third social gathering accountable for printing and transport has failed to satisfy their contractual settlement and obligations to our clients, we’re regularly uncovering extra lacking shipments we beforehand have been unaware of. Now that we’re conscious of those lacking orders, we’re doing every thing we are able to to satisfy them as shortly as attainable, and we apologize for the delay.
In some instances, orders have required reprinting supplies, and as a result of ongoing provide chain points in our business that has prevented us from printing extra books as shortly as we might wish to. With that stated, we’re scheduling all the lacking orders to be printed and delivered, and can have extra data on the timeline quickly of when clients can anticipate their orders.
As well as, we will likely be printing and releasing the long-delayed RANX assortment in hardback, however on account of hardback materials shortages at our plant, these printings are delayed till Q1 of 2022. We can have extra intel on that for patrons shortly.
We respect our followers and we’re really sorry for any unintentional misery this example might have triggered them. We will likely be answering customer support inquiries at [email protected] and we will likely be fulfilling all orders as shortly as attainable.”
Good luck. Inform them Bleeding Cool despatched you. We would love to listen to the way you get on.